I introduced the TED Ed Clubs program in my previous post. I would like tell you about the advantages of being a part of TED Ed Clubs program. Below, I have listed the advantages of joining the TED Ed clubs for students.
1. To enhance personal growth by acquiring new skills.
- TED Ed Clubs curriculum is designed to teach presentation literacy and public speaking skills.
- Students learn to draft a powerful talk, structure it and deliver it effectively.
- Students learn basic animation and video production techniques while recording their talks.
- Every talk by each student is uploaded on TED Ed's YouTube channel. Students will hone their skills to use online media effectively.
2. To help students celebrate their authentic self.
- This program is about personal passion and relevance.
- It is not competitive rather it celebrates uniqueness of every student.
- It emphasizes on passion-driven education. It helps students in finding their passions, interests and key values of life.
- The course enables the students to drive on their idea themselves and inculcates independent thinking.
- The major takeaway of this program is that the worth of your talk comes from the authenticity of your story.
3. Gives students global exposure.
- TED Ed Clubs is a 'global program.' Students become a part of a global community of like minded people and creative problem solvers.
- TED Ed Clubs organizes connect calls to connect classrooms of different countries to promote cultural exchanges. It helps in understanding different countries, cultures and perspectives.
- The students can become a part of the 'Global Student Council' of TED Ed Clubs.
- Students can apply for the TED Ed weekend event held at TED headquarters in New York, USA held twice a year.
- A chance to be a part of the TED stage. This year, for the first time a TED Ed Club member spoke at TED 2017 held at Vancouver, Canada.
4. An asset on the high school/ university applications.
- TED Ed Clubs program is an excellent platform for students to express themselves creatively.
- Their TED Ed Club talk will stand out in their high school or university applications.
5. Gives students more voice in their education.
- TED Ed Clubs believe that the curriculum makers are the older generation. But they do not know what the students face at their level. They want to understand their needs.
- It believes that students ideas and perspectives will define the future. It wants to help students make this world a better place.